Wednesday, May 12, 2010

FEAR

Weight loss is a very emotional journey for most people. Often the bond with my clients goes well beyond that of a personal trainer simply correcting form and counting reps. It becomes a very therapeutic relationship of openness and sharing of personal experiences and lost battles. The number one battle I encounter with my clients is...fear. Fear of failure, fear of "it's too late", fear that the exercises will be too hard, fear that they will not like the food. All of these things are legitimate concerns, but I am here to tell you that with a strong motivator and support by your side YOU CAN DO IT!!!

Currently, I have a client that was terrified the first time I rang his doorbell. 20 years of failed attempts at getting healthy and he was thinking..."Why is this time going to be any different?"..." What is this trainer going to provide me that no one else has been able to?"... "Am I really going to fail AGAIN???"

Initially, the road was difficult. The workouts strenuous, the change in lifestyle daunting, the mountain so high to climb. 8 weeks later he is doing up to 50 push-ups a day (on his TOES!!!), eating a healthy diet void of chemicals, GMO's, dairy, processed sugars and processed grains. He is able to run a 2 mile loop with minimal breaks, perform multiple exercises using the TRX, and BEST of all........he has lost over 30 pounds!!! The visceral fat around his organs is diminishing, his waist shrinking, and his confidence exuding. It is an amazing journey to watch, and I am right there by his side every step of the way.

The lesson for all of you fearful hopefuls out there is...with the right motivator and guide, you too can be a success story like this!!! fft

No comments:

Post a Comment