Wednesday, April 28, 2010

"whole" grains...check your labels people!!!!

Ok Fit Food Trainer fans...here is my first real "rant", so get ready, cuz I'm PI*SED!!!

So...I'm short on time the other day and have to run into Pick n' Save (usually I shop Sendik's or Good Harvest) to pick up some brat and burger buns for a cookout. Of course I read EVERY label (it's a fit food trainer habit:) and CANNOT find a single package of buns that does not contain BLEACHED wheat flour, HFCS (the infamous high fructose corn syrup), or hydrogenated oils! I mean, seriously people, I CANNOT believe that the government allows these companies to advertise "all natural"..."whole grains"..."healthy"...right on their labels when the products contain these harmful ingredients! I was so disgusted I left the store empty handed. I went across town to Sendik's and found a wonderful brand of bread..."Breads For Life". Made from sprouted grains, sweetened with honey, and NO chemicals or chemically produced ingredients. The best part is that it tastes great! And while I do not advocate eating grains in general, if you are going to eat them sprouted grains are the best choice! If you want to check out this bread go to breadsforlife.com!

So, lesson for the day is: READ THE LABEL!!! Do not believe anything printed on the front of a package! Thanks to all my fans...fft

1 comment: